Friday, February 27, 2009

Through The Viewfinder Halloween

Pretty neat technique Bean showed me for taking photographs. Through the Viewfinder photography is a technique where a photo is taken from a camera which is being filtered through the viewfinder of another camera. Think of your camera's lens as an eye and imagine that eye looking through the viewfinder of another camera. I used my digital camera and put it up against the viewfinder of one of Bean's old polaroid cameras.


A Flickr pool.

4 comments:

Jon said...

I love this technique. I've just started experimenting with it and I'm keeping an eye out for an old Kodak Duaflex with the big viewfinder on top. You can get some really beautiful images with those.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/3102548220_8e6d8b8bb5.jpg

crudedoodle.com said...

what a strange and wonderful home you guys must have.

The Captain said...

I love that second one

Nev said...

I love these shots. As a photographer I myself never thought of this. Great idea and it came out awesome. I should go pick up an old camera and try it with my point and shoot.