Friday, August 21, 2009

Halloween Shopping Weekend

This weekend we're going to visit a very neat store that goes crazy with its Halloween sale display. It's a nursery with a massive internal store that's just packed with great and original stuff for your home. There's a Halloween village behind glass in the back of the store where Bean and I always end up, pressing all the little green buttons making the town come alive with wind and ghosts and creepy things laughing sinister laughs.

I remember going there way over a decade ago to check out their Halloween items. Back then they had a weird Halloween gazebo inside the store. With only one entrance, it had been walled up and shelves were added from floor to ceiling. Due to the small size, you had to wait your turn to enter the gazebo if anyone was in there. So of course, my brother and I squeezed in there together when it was empty. I remember it was kept very dark and they had audio of wind blowing coming from the ceiling. Original items like lumpy plaster pumpkins smoking tiny pipes lived in there. Tiny strings of Halloween lights and faux spider webs were on the shelves and walls. I can't really remember much else about it, but it felt more like going through a tiny haunted house than a Halloween store display.

It's a weird trade-off: I absolutely love their new layout and design for their Halloween goods, but boy do I miss that gazebo. And the spooky wind.

Here's a pic of the store from last year (we bought both of those pumpkins).


I'll take a whole bunch of photos this weekend.

7 comments:

bean said...

let's brew pumpkin spice coffee in the morning before we set out. :)

Rot said...

perfect.

JHMDF said...

I need to plan my trip around town soon... before I am buried in work.

Mandy said...

I can't wait to see the photos! I to need to do a bit of planning when we roll into September.

The Captain said...

Awesome story as usual, can't wait for the pictures.

Scott O'Riley said...

Where is this store and the name of it? Looks fabulous!

Rot said...

It's called Feeney's nursery.
In Bucks County, PA