Friday, May 6, 2022

Two Dimensional

You've seen them.  Those houses where the owner decorates with cut-out decorations.  Usually hand made.  Two dimensional wood designs.  I have a few in my neighborhood.  One guy has a bunch of small cut-out ghosts.  Another does the Peanuts characters, with Linus holding a Great Pumpkin sign.  All 2-D. 


Snapped this one while at a red light right before Halloween...

Saw the below and it occurred to me that this is a very unique form of decorating.  And this one must be really neat since it's hanging from a tree.  

 

2 comments:

Willow Cove said...

That’s and interesting devil. I bet a red light on it would be neat.
I always wanted to try to make cut out pumpkins and give them a realistic paint job so they appear 3-D.

Rot said...

That's a neat idea.

And agreed about the light.

Casting a shadow on a house would be really cool with something like that devil head.