Sunday, June 28, 2009

Steady. Steady.

The intro to my 2006 Halloween video has a long shot of a low approach to the yard haunt. I had the camera attached to a homemade steadicam device. I built it based off of this neat guy's specs.

Steadycam.org

I found that it's great for high shots as well.

Here's the first footage I ever shot with it. I was running up and down a ravine like a fool. Probably a bad way to test it since I was using a digital camera's movie setting and not a digital camcorder (though the potential is there).



Also used it to shoot THIS video of a cemetery.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats cool, and so simple too.
(cool music)

Grim said...

That's pretty neat. I was thinking I should make a video for my new prop and was thinking of something similar to that for the beginning of the video. I was going to just use my tripod, but that looks like a much better device. Thanks for sharing that.

Brandi McKenna said...

Your photgraphy and videography are every bit as amazing as your art pieces! I wish I knew how you did them (Videos) and could see the process! Sooo fun!

Brandi McKenna said...

LOVE these videos wish I could see the process!

Rot said...

Thanks!

I'll do an entry soon on the software I use for my videos. Very user-friendly. Sony Vega movie software.

NecroBones said...

Great proof of concept with the steady-cam. I've been meaning to build one myself. It's very tricky to get stable shots without one! :)

Rot said...

the sample videos on his site are amazingly steady and smooth.

I should invest in a digital video camera instead of using the lame "movie" feature with its annoying autfocus and unstable jerking of the frame.