Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ants And Such

My goal with this year's Haunt was to create an unending wall of scarecrows - more like one large strange scarecrow.  I wanted it to be difficult to see where one ended and the next one began.  In my head, I kept seeing a cluster of ants.  Like when they build one of those nightmare-fuel bridges.


It would have been neat to have them go across the ceiling of the porch (I couldn't pull this off [but it would have been coolio{and it would have taken my life}]).  Like those bodies in Jeepers Creepers in the church basement.  






















And speaking of bugs.  There are two cicada shells stuck to this scarecrow.  Can you find them?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would of been crazy awesome if you would of created that scene out of Jeepers Creepers.

RahneFan said...

You certainly achieved your goal. At first I was afraid you were going to tell us that ants had infested your scarecrow wall! Glad they didn't.

Willow Cove said...

I love this guy! and I'm still looking for cicadas...

Holy Tarra said...

Nope....can't see where they are and I have been looking with my trusty giant magnifying glass.
What prizes are you offering? I may look a little harder

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been trying to find those shells, but still can't find'em.

Rot said...

I'll put a photo up later with them pointed out.

Holy Tarra said...

WhoooHoooo!! Found One! I don't want to be a spoiler for anyone who's still looking so I won't say yet. Still trying to find the other.