Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween Menu

At a favorite restaurant.
I'm not sure if I would be brave enough to order something like this, but I applaud them for being so bold and for not doing the usual kid-friendly offerings.  Though I've never had anything that I didn't love at this place, so I'm betting this was all rather good.

Halloween Specials
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Blood sausage, sesame leaves, pickled vegetables
Veal brains in black butter with toast and preserved lemon
Braised ox tongue sandwich on rye
Stewed chicken feet
Fish head stew
Grilled chicken heart skewers, chimichurri


Other Holiday menus here.

7 comments:

The Creeping Cruds said...

They lost me at rye bread...

Rot said...

haha

Sara said...

I can eat anything with chimichurri!:)

Willow Cove said...

I had to eat cow tongue when I was in Russia in college. I still shudder thinking about it.

Damian Michael AKA HalloweeNut said...

What kind of restaurant are you eating at?

Goneferalinidaho said...

I bet most of that is really good. Not knowing what you are eating probably helps.

Countess VonRauber (Heidi) said...

Whoa... veal brains in black butter... can't even imagine what that looks like, let alone what it tastes like! Def not for the squeemish!