Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Now Playing: Atmosfear

This Halloween at High Noon release reminds me of those houses from my youth that would have spooky sound effects records or tapes playing from some unseen speaker stuffed in a bush or down in the driveway.  It always seemed so foreign and truly spooky to hear creepy music and sounds like wind and thunder and distant cackles coming from a darkly decorated porch.  I hate that I was such a chicken as a kid cause I think I probably skipped those houses.

This year's display will feature this album on a perpetual loop.  It totally goes with my theme as I'm sure the strange fellow in my brain using human remains in his decorations would excitedly play his favorite Halloween album from a hidden speaker.  It's for the kids, he'd say.

Click below for some amazing Old School fun...

11 comments:

ScottT said...

Any chance you could give us maybe a top 5 HighNoon Halloween album list???

Goneferalinidaho said...

Whoa, that's awesome! I've been trying to put some clips like this together in Audacity, but I haven't had the time to get things done. I might have to buy this for interstitial songs between my other stuff for some mellower ambient atmosphere. Thanks for the link.

Unknown said...

Yes, it's for the kids...

Sean said...

I love those old LP's and still listen to the one my Dad used way back in the early 70's at our house. The old LP That says Halloween across the top with the witch on the front by D Records is the best in my opinion from that era.

Rot said...

ScottT...definitely pick up the latest...and atmosfear....
but I seriously love them all.
The first two are what started my love for them, so those as well...

girl6 said...

Nostalgia. Long Live it.<3

eff those kids!!!. : D
hahahahha!!...totally jk..couldn't resist. : )

Willow Cove said...

Yeah, I might have to play this on the night

bean said...

Perfect.

Chris said...

Rott, every time I get on here I end up buying another album off of iTunes. Thanks for the recommendation!

Rot said...

NICE!

The Gill-Man said...

After the first time I read about Halloween At High Noon, years ago here on your blog, I went to Amazon and looked at the different releases to purchase. This was the one I chose, and it's been a staple of my Haunt playlist ever since. I usually have it on later in the night, when it's mostly older kids still roaming the neighborhood...Helps weed out those without dedication! If they're brave enough they'll get some good candy, but many are too creeped-out to make it to the doorbell! To me, this is WAY better than the average sound-effects record, since it sounds like actual recordings of horrible events!

I should note that buying this album was a "gateway drug". Within days I bought all the available releases on either Amazon or iTunes, and have snagged them almost immediately upon release every year since!