Friday, March 18, 2022

Visions Of Light And Day

Still it follow'd me under the yellow moon,
Looking back to the graveyard now and then,
Where the winds were playing the nighta tune —
But, Kate, a Ghost does n't care for men ,
And your papa couldn't have done it harm!
Ah, dark-eyed darling, what is it you see?
There, you needn't hide in your dimpled arm —
It was only my Shadow that walk'd with me!

Sarah Morgan Bryan Piatt, My Ghost

Wonderful concept and beautiful photos.  I love the notion of capturing that glowing light from a home at night.  Are the people in there watching TV?  Eating dinner?  Arguing?  Laughing?  I love it.

































Even cooler is the fact that these were taken by my dear friend Sara.  California is already a kind of mystery to me.  Very foreign and strange to this east coast guy.  But these photos feel familiar.  Like the lonely houses I walk by at night sometimes.  Wondering if the people are asleep inside, and if somebody left the porch light on.  All night long.




17 comments:

Sara said...

Rot, it’s truly an honor. Thank you for featuring me on this blog of yours that I’ve loved since 2008. I’ll never forget the day that I found the witch that I love so much. I was ecstatic. I couldn’t believe that somebody would love Halloween as much as me. To have connected with so many people through this blog who love Halloween as much as me....well, it feels like home. :)

I am happy that I finally decided to put my iPhone pictures into an Instagram account, it’s been a good creative release for me. The light in every picture I post is so comforting to me...some people think it’s creepy but I love it. :)

Rot said...

Easily my pleasure, Sara.

I KNOW for a fact that had I stumbled across your IG during one of my blog-material-runs, I would have featured it as quickly as I humanly could, without knowing whose it was.

And this blog would not be the same without your [hilarious] comments.

I'm so glad you made this IG account. And I will surely be haunting it. haha




Wren said...

These are so wonderful Sara! I agree - they feel welcoming.

Sara said...

Awe!!! Thank you. :)

Sara said...

Thank you Wren!!

Undeadpumpkinbread said...

Sara, these photos are truly beautiful, on a soul level. I am mesmerized by them, you have a keen eye for photography. You are definitely a special part of this blog, I always enjoy the hilarious banter between you, and Rot. I definitely look forward to more photos like these in the future. :)

Sara said...

Thank you Sarwyn! What kind comments. I deeply appreciate them. :)

Tallulah said...

Beautiful night shots!

Willow Cove said...

Yes, She has such a great eye for this.
Many of her pics could be converted to paintings, as they already do.
Am I doing the awkward party guy thing again?

Sara said...

Thank you Tallulah!

Rot said...

haha, WC

Sara said...

Hahaha WC you’re not the awkward party guy! You’re the sincere, kind haunter dude. ;)

Mike C(JASONV123) said...

Love the night time shots!!

Sara said...

Thank you Mike!

Holy Tarra said...

These are truly wonderful, Sara! Such a mysterious feel to them and the colors are amazing! The blues and oranges remind me so much of Maxfield Parrish's work. The ones of the trees are my favorites.

Sara said...

Thank you so much. :)
I’m very much an amateur but everyone has been so encouraging with this little project of mine. Thank you for the kind comments. :)
I’m not familiar with Parrish’s work. I’ll go check it out!!

Holy Tarra said...

Definitely check him out. You'll see what I mean when you see his color pallet. No one else used color like him.