Friday, July 25, 2008

BEER!

I'm forever wanting to find a Pumpkin Ale/Beer during the Fall season that meets my expectations of what a Pumpkin Ale/Beer should taste like. I like my beers thick like a milkshake, so I usually go for something like Guinness or Boddingtons, so in my mind the perfect Pumpkin Beer is a thick orangy sweet drink with hints of clove and other dark spices. I've never found it. Mostly because it's almost Christmas when I get on my Pumpkin beer kick.

Here's a neat article on a few beers on the market that boast the word PUMPKIN. I'm going to make an effort to try as many Pumpkin Beer varieties as possible this season and post them on this blog. Cheers.

The Best and Worst of Pumpkin Beers

5 comments:

Walt Keegan said...

I've tried many. One to make sure you stay away from is Pumpkinhead Ale from Shipyard Brewing. I wound up dumping most of the 6 pack down the drain it was so bad, and I am not one you takes a beer-suicide lightly. It was so light, I couldn't stand it.

Rot said...

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I've seen that around and have wondered about it.

seanpbizner said...

Best pumpkin beer? Pumpkinhead Ale from Boston Beer Works in Salem, Mass. They sell it in kegs and growlers only, so you'll never have a skunky brew. It tastes like adult pumpkin pie. They also have Red October and a Witch City Red that is awesome too, but Pumpkinhead is so good I bought a freaking tee-shirt.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh... must try the Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale.

We have the Buffalo Bill's brewery here in town. I don't recommend their pumpkin ale.

Rot said...

Been reading about the Weyerbacher Imperial and it does seem to be loved by everyone that tries it.

Can't wait to try it.