Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tree Faces

This great photo reminds me of a tree I saw when I drove through Virginia. A farmer's field by the side of the road, a very steep hill of a field. It seems all the farmland near the highways down there are sloped. There was a creepy vile and twisted tree that appeared to have three tormented heads growing out of it. Void of leaves and looking entirely dead, the tree was accented by the presence of three large crosses jammed in the ground further up the hill. I should have pulled over and snapped some pics.



Thanks, Gerber, for the terrific pics.

3 comments:

Grim said...

I never really thought about that, and I live here... but most of the farmland off the side of the road is sloped. I have heard a lot of people say (but don't know if it's true) that you can always tell if it's going to rain around here if the cows hang around at the top of the hill. Or, I guess you could just watch the weather channel like I do.

Rot said...

I remember seeing a small cow standing way up on a cliff rock and thinking that'd it'd surely take a nose dive. Maybe it was going to rain. : )

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Nice pics. I love twisty trees.