Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Halloween Tree

For the pumpkins on the Tree were not mere pumpkins. Each had a face sliced into it. Each face was different. Every eye was a stranger eye. Every nose was a weirder nose. Every mouth smiled hideously in some new way. There must have been a thousand pumpkins on this tree, hung high and on every branch. A thousand smiles. A thousand grimaces. And twice-times-a-thousand glares and winks and blinks and leerings of freshcut eyes.And as the boys watched, a new thing happened.The pumpkins began to come alive.

Ray Bradbury, The Halloween Tree

Such an absolutely wonderful and incredible thing to do.
Man, this is great!


Sara said...

This, ultimately, would be my goal for a haunt if I ever attempted one. Jackos perched in a tree. Tons of them. So awesome.

John Rozum said...

That looks really great. If I had to reduce all of my yard decorating to one thing a halloween tree would be a must.

I've not tried it with real Jack O'lantern's yet. I went with my candle filled plastic Jack O'lanterns again this year, but it got pretty windy and most of them blew out. We also are in a different house with a bunch of slimmer trees out front vs the two huge maples we used to have, so they were spread out more and I didn't hang as many. But I added some other elements that made up for it a bit.

Erin @ I Heart New England said...

That is so amazing! How did they do it?!

ShellHawk said...

I love that they did Moundshroud and the boys! How wonderful!