Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Halloween Tree

For the pumpkins on the Tree were not mere pumpkins. Each had a face sliced into it. Each face was different. Every eye was a stranger eye. Every nose was a weirder nose. Every mouth smiled hideously in some new way. There must have been a thousand pumpkins on this tree, hung high and on every branch. A thousand smiles. A thousand grimaces. And twice-times-a-thousand glares and winks and blinks and leerings of freshcut eyes.And as the boys watched, a new thing happened.The pumpkins began to come alive.

Ray Bradbury, The Halloween Tree





Such an absolutely wonderful and incredible thing to do.
Man, this is great!

4 comments:

Sara said...

This, ultimately, would be my goal for a haunt if I ever attempted one. Jackos perched in a tree. Tons of them. So awesome.

John Rozum said...

That looks really great. If I had to reduce all of my yard decorating to one thing a halloween tree would be a must.

I've not tried it with real Jack O'lantern's yet. I went with my candle filled plastic Jack O'lanterns again this year, but it got pretty windy and most of them blew out. We also are in a different house with a bunch of slimmer trees out front vs the two huge maples we used to have, so they were spread out more and I didn't hang as many. But I added some other elements that made up for it a bit.

Erin | Bygone Living said...

That is so amazing! How did they do it?!

ShellHawk said...

I love that they did Moundshroud and the boys! How wonderful!