Tuesday, December 7, 2010

At The Mountains Of Madness

Del Toro said he's actively engaged with the project and moving ahead with the tale of the mysteries and monsters on an Antarctic expedition. In fact, just last week Del Toro met with studio Universal for the so-called summit meeting in which he walked executives through his concepts and models for the movie. The script is also ready, he said.So how soon could shooting begin? This summer, he hopes, and possibly as early as June, according to the filmmaker.

And lest you think producer James Cameron is simply putting his name on it while he's off working on "Avatar 2", think again: The "Terminator" director was present for the summit meeting and has been offering Del Toro some notes."In his subtle style he said to me, 'I have a few notes, but I have one fatal flaw [that I see in the script],'" Del Toro recalled. "He pointed out one thing that was big. I've been thinking about this for 35 years, and he pointed out something I'd never seen."

i

3 comments:

Goneferalinidaho said...

The story doesn't go any further. What the heck did he point out?

Jon Glassett said...

I first heard about this project a few months ago. Words cannot express my excitement for this film. If anyone is capable of finally doing H.P. Lovecraft justice, it is Guillermo del Toro.

Rot said...

I just assumed he was trying to tantalize.

: )