Friday, July 29, 2011

Notes

In the early 1990s we started to keep notes about the ghost happenings. [He begins reading the notes.] This happened to me on the 7th of September, 2006, 1:26 a.m. I'm a very light sleeper, and it was a musical chime like you'd have on a jewelry box. It played for ten seconds straight. Saturday, November 10, 2001: It sounded like somebody took a chair and dragged it across the kitchen floor. We all heard it, but when we got into the kitchen the chairs were all where they belonged. This is one of our daughter Angie's notes from August of 1993. She used to work as a dentist technician and her lab coat had been ironed while she slept. This is the second time she said it had happened. On June 12, 1991, there was a very strong scent of perfume. I don't have a sense of smell so I wouldn't know. Louise said to me, "It's unbelievable how strong it is."



Text and image by Corrine May Botz, from her book "Haunted Houses."

8 comments:

Rot said...

This book...what a gem.
Was reading through it for that quote while an early evening storm rolled in.
The lights in the house flickered...then I heard a sound behind me.

Can't beat that stuff.

What a book.

Pam Morris said...

well, guess I'll have to find a copy of this. you know, I can't wait to see what you make for this year's Halloween--I have a feeling it's going to be unlike any other year...

Rot said...

This book is like having a truly creepy campfire ghost story at your fingertips whenever you wish.

I've re-read it so many times.

Her choice of interviewees was brilliant. Very convincing.

And her photography is just stunning.


Funny you should say that about this year's display. It really is unlike anything I've ever done.

: )

Anonymous said...

Just ordered it on your reccomendation. Can't wait to read this!!! So, Rot, what's the status on your book? If I remember you had one brewing . . .

Rot said...

it's still brewing : )

pensive pumpkin said...

this makes me want to keep haunting notes. hmmmm.

MorbidMariah said...

I just love a good ghost story. :)

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Love that book, thanks for sharing. The photos are just inspiring.

Cheers!