Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Return Of The Fortune Teller

The Fortune Teller features a grotesque array of 15 artfully handcrafted figures in a dark comic tale unfolding in a fantastic Victorian world. Seven characters representing the seven deadly sins convene at a dead millionaire’s estate to claim their inheritance as determined by a fortune teller. One by one, each is delivered what they have coming to them, but perhaps not what they are expecting—a brutal, but suitable, demise. Featuring the gravelly, recorded narration of Irish vocalist Gavin Friday and an eerie score by Sanko and Grammy-winning film composer Danny Elfman, this sinister puppet theater spectacle is a perverse, but gleeful morality tale for grown-ups.

Click below to watch:


Click here for more information.

Thanks, Andrew, this is fantastic.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Entertaining little ghost story! Thanks for sharing it!

Vintage Seance said...

This is fabulous! I will probably be posting about this on my blog at some point, just to warn you lol.

JHMDF said...

Just watched the whole thing. Fantastic. Wish the camera man had done a bit better of a job, especially towards the end.

Marrow said...

Wow. I just watched the whole thing too. Utterly spectacular stuff.

I've read about this guy in a great book I own - Encyclopaedia Horrifica, but I never expected I'd be able to see one of his shows! Thanks for posting this!

merricat said...

I was lucky enough to see this live at UCLA a few years ago. The set design was amazing.