Monday, October 24, 2016

Halloween At High Noon: Atmosfear

Worked all weekend on the usual week-before-Halloween checklist.  Made sure to do a sound check on the soundscape (Atmosfear, by Dead End Ranch playing on a small and ancient cassette/cd two-speaker player stuffed in the bushes).  Low tech, but it works.

Unless there's an Atmosfear:  Volume 2 in the future, I'm definitely going to be using this wonderful collection of Old School awesomeness each and every Halloween until I croak.

Click below:

https://halloweenathighnoon.bandcamp.com/album/halloween-at-high-noon-atmosfear

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.

If I got a half decent amount of trick or treaters, I would do this.

I'm coming to your house..........

Rot said...

you survive that horrid wind?
I often think that wind is actually worse than rain for the Halloween Haunter.

Mike V. said...

The wind was brutal on all of my stuff this past weekend. I love all of the tracks on that album. May have to throw some of those into my mix. The neighborhood kids will be uneasy this year.

Anonymous said...

I try and think ahead when comes to the wind. Lots of twine and rope. And since I use a decent amount, I have to make sure it goes along with the prop.

Of course this year I was thinking to myself "oh I should be fine this year, I don't have to use as much this time."

Mother Nature screwed me.

The Gill-Man said...

I loved AtmosFEAR. Been trying to convince the Powers That Be at the pro haunt I'm working at to use it, but they don't seem open to the idea of changes.

High Noon Records said...

They're clearly afraid...

girl6 said...

i really felt this in my blood, felt the dread. my heart was in my throat. like that scene in Phantasn, the sound & feel of the tall man walking down that lonnng stretch of sidewalk & the theme song by Frizzi in Fulci's Zombie, you really feel the music singing (esp..the zombie/shark fight scene) in your blood!!! i always felt that too when i would watch the tv show Hannibal, the tunes made my blood sing!!

looking forward to hearing these guys do soundtracks on the big screen someday!!

girl6 said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39szQy3TcH4