Monday, July 17, 2017

She Flew Away

I've gone on in the past about my fondness for the JEEPERS CREEPERS films...  This one was on the other night and I still marvel at how entertaining I still find it after all these years.  How I am rooting for the kids and not for the creature....  and how I relish the Creeper getting stabbed a million times at the end...and how I still get a chill when I see his eyes open in pure anger/hate as his body is shutting down for another 23 years...

Click below for a favorite scene:

https://youtu.be/isct-XNu38E


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. Yeah this is an excellent scene. I guess after 23 years of hibernation one could be pretty hungry.

I love the Jeepers Creepers films. The second one, they give him more character/attitude. CAN'T wait for the next one.

Rot said...

It can't be easy to create a horror icon out of thin air and have it become popular and be interesting and scary...and original. And a true monster, and not just someone killing kids.

Sara said...

I think I've mentioned it before but I find Darry's character to be so appealing because there is something about that actor that is so helpless-looking. It's true, you root for him.

Shallow Grave Cemetery said...

The unknown is always so much more terrifying. The cinematography in this film is exceptional especially at the opening scarecrow scene when the Creeper is shown for the first time with just a subtle twist of his head; it gets me every time. Rot I agree this is probably the best scene in the entire movie - when people start disappearing.

Justin D said...

I especially love how this whole scene really plays on the empty, quiet road in farmland. As beautiful as that kind of country can be, it is genuinely eerie at night. Sure the guy in your house with an axe is scary, but being stuck out in the middle of nowhere at night with something hiding where there is so much room to hide is much more terrifying in my opinion.