Tuesday, July 10, 2018

"Horrible Frankincense Monster"

It was on a dreary night of November that I beheld the accomplishment of my toils. With an anxiety that almost amounted to agony, I collected the instruments of life around me, that I might infuse a spark of being into the lifeless thing that lay at my feet. It was already one in the morning; the rain pattered dismally against the panes, and my candle was nearly burnt out, when, by the glimmer of the half-extinguished light, I saw the dull yellow eye of the creature open; it breathed hard, and a convulsive motion agitated its limbs.
 
Mary Shelley

Image by Hemlock Hall.

6 comments:

Rot said...

love this prop and photo and setup.

The "horrible" in the blog title refers to an old Bugs Bunny sode and NOT my feelings on this prop!

Just wanted to make sure that was clear!

The Gill-Man said...

This is a GREAT prop! Really well done!!

Oh, and I got the Bugs Bunny reference right away...thanks for the chuckle!

Willow Cove said...

Now I got it!
Yeah, this haunt would be great to se was in person

girl6 said...

Awwww..Blue Boy!!! i'm so used to seeing him greenish or totally void of colour. i think the Blue suits him well. This IS sucha wonderful prop. i LOVE ALL the Old School Monstas & The Creature is a true & complicated beauty. Timeless.

Got me thinkin..about Mary Shelley & what an inspiration she is. she was the perfect blend of punk & lover. she had sucha crazy & unconventional upbringing. and she changed the world at sucha young age with her Frankenstein/Creature. gahhhhh. i LOVE her to shreds. Timeless.

Bugs IS THE BEST..HAHAHAHHA!!!! i must admit i really appreciated the more spookier themed ones the most..like the Witch Hazel ones..there's a Vampire ep..a Jekyll & Hyde homage..a witch doctor & of course Frankincense Monster..HAHAHAHHA!!! Soooo Goooood. Timeless.

There's one Bugs i can't place for the life of me. it's so vague to me. But..i remember Bugs..using dynamite as curlers in soneone's hair & giving them mouse traps on their fingers kinda manicure. HAHAHAHA. i wish i could remember more so i could find it online to watch.

Closed Casket Crafts & Confections said...

The new series of "Genius" will feature the life of Mary Shelley. Can't wait!

girl6 said...

Yessss!!! Season 3 of Genius will be Mary's Season.
i CAN'T wait either..<333!!!

& i'm about to check out the 2017 film..Mary Shelley
starring the lovely Elle Fanning!!!