Sunday, September 25, 2022

Trailer: The Watcher

A while back I posted a story about a family moving into a new home in New Jersey and receiving some mega chilling letters in the mail.  Creepy stuff from someone called The Watcher.  Here's an excerpt from one of those letters:

Do you need to fill the house with the young blood I requested? Better for me. Was your old house too small for the growing family? Or was it greed to bring me your children? Once I know their names I will call to them and draw them to me.

No one was ever implicated, and the letters eventually stopped.  Naturally they made a movie out of it.  I would have preferred a tasteful documentary about the actual events, to see what has been distorted over the years as the internet embraced it.  Worried they sassed it up too much, as it appears to have about five modern horror movies crammed into it.  But I will definitely give it a watch.  And maybe this will lead to a Netflix documentary on the actual case.

Click below...


5 comments:

Wren said...

FINALLY. Been waiting for this one for awhile. Tone feels uneven, but the cast looks outstanding. Definitely giving this a watch in October!

Rot said...

Yeah, the cast looks stellar. Definitely am curious.

Sara said...

The Watcher is also apparently the voice that the Midnight used in their awful Monsters album lol

Rot said...

haha such an obscure, yet perfect, reference!

Sara said...

Lol it’s true though!! Hahaha