Thursday, March 28, 2024

Recycling



I remember the night I ripped off the horrid pumpkin head that was glued to my face with knox gelatin.  It was euphoric.  My neck was no longer in a vulture position and the air was cool and crisp on my soaking-wet head.  Thankfully I didn't punt the pumpkin out into the street or stomp it into my parents' carpet.  We actually repurposed it into our Pumpkin King prop (you can still kinda see the dent from where the head hole was [and where my miserable face was]).  


Looks much better on him.

10 comments:

Lady M said...

Good on you for recycling. I love that picture of you in the pumpkin head. Your face says it all.

Rot said...

Like being in an Iron Maiden

MR. Macabre said...

That was a very cool idea, are you going to do it again?

Shallow Grave Cemetery said...

Nothing like costumes that leave you drenched in sweat. Not to get off topic but it's been a long time since you've posted any Begging for Candy, just sayin.

Rot said...

Mr. M, I believe it's safe to say I will never wear such a thing ever again. haha

Rot said...

And true about B4C!
Maybe one of these days.

MR. Macabre said...

I've been hoping to see begging for candy to make a comeback.

Mike C(JASONV123) said...

Haha!! I love this old story. That's one thing about my youth and halloween that I'll never forget. The hot balmy, sweaty masks and the way the latex would smell!!

Willow Cove said...

Nothing like the smell of sweaty latex late night Halloween.
I still get nostalgic smelling spirit gum.
Would it be weird do dab some on my wrist like cologne?

Rot said...

Haha not at all!*











*yes