Friday, August 1, 2008

Death By Hanging

I've always loved the hangman prop, so I had to learn how to tie a noose when I built one for my haunt years ago. For some reason, having the knowledge to quickly make a noose out of anything rope or string-like has been something I've cherished. Red string licorice at work - noose. Rubber bands at work - noose. String being used to hang Christmas decorations at work - noose. Coworkers thoughts of me - noose.

I'll pass on the knowledge with the help of Halloween-Online.com:


Their warning is a riot.

Reminded me of a couple entries in The Pocket Book of Death:
-On average, one suicide occurred every 16 minutes in 2004 in the U.S.
-In the U.S., the suicide rates are actually lowest in the winter and highest in the summer.
-The male suicide rate is higher in every country in the world except for China.
-Delaware, New Hampshire, and Washington still use hanging as their form of capital punishment.


There's my hangman on the left (cheesy now that I think about it since zombies are rising all around him - though maybe he was the first one out of the ground and some hunters got to him first).

1 comments:

Jon Glassett said...

New Hampshire: Live Free or HANG FROM THE NECK UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD!

It ain't much, but it's home.