Being a huge fan of Halloween, you'd think I'd be into coworkers dressing up in costumes in the office during the holiday. For some strange reason, I get creeped out by it, and have never taken part in it. Fortunately, for the last few years, I haven't had to worry about it since I take a bunch of days off around Halloween, but every now and then the office Halloween party is scheduled on a day that falls on the week before Halloween. So I'm in the office and horrified.
Things that usually happen:
1. The more unstable people in the office always dress in loud costumes that could easily hide a sidearm.
2. The intellectual oddball dresses in an obscure costume referencing only something that he or she understands.
3. Some girl dresses in something highly inappropriate.
4. A bunch of people use it as an excuse to dress down and wear jeans and some dumb Halloween t-shirt.
5. A STAR WARS or STAR TREK fan jumps on this golden opportunity to shine.
One Halloween many years ago, some guy dressed as Frankenstein and wore platform shoes. He looked great. And then he tripped. Spiral fracture. There musn't be much worse in life than being made up like Frankenstein and getting taken to an emergency room at a hospital.
Here are some office Halloween photos that prove my point nicely. : )
The guy dressed as Otis from DEVIL'S REJECTS should get a raise. So should the guy dressed as the boss from OFFICE SPACE.