Friday, May 15, 2009

Jennifer Yanok

Looking for some blog material, I decided to look up a favorite designer's work to see if she had anything new out there. Her stuff is amazing and we own a little lantern with a pattern designed by her. We burn a candle in it all the time. It's on our coffee table. Literally something I've looked at every single day since we brought it into our home. I love it.

It's really unlike any Halloween designs I've ever seen. Whimsical, mysterious, spooky - everything a great design is supposed to be about. We've wished for wallpaper designs based on her work. A jack o'lantern dining room. A purple cobwebbed spidery bedroom.

Jen Yanok is her name. And today I discovered that she passed away from cancer last July at the age of 38.

I think she was pretty darn neat.

Her site.

Some of her Halloween designs.

8 comments:

Ghoul Friday said...

I'd discovered her work last year when I bought some of her Halloween cut outs. I had no idea she'd passed on. And so young.

Jon Glassett said...

A beautiful life.

NecroBones said...

A terrible loss.

Rot said...

Very very sad.

Jason-v said...

A sad loss, she appeared to be very talented...

Brialee said...

I have the same lantern on a shelf in my study, surrounded by Living Dead Dolls. My study is decorated completely in Halloween :) So sad to hear that she has passed.

JHMDF said...

wow, that was a really sad post...

Anonymous said...

I knew Jennifer well. A beautiful person and an amazing talent. I'll miss her always.