Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Captured Souls

Was thinking about specimen jars (wasn't planning on making them, just thinking about them). I come across a lot of them in my searches. I think they're the coolest thing. So many creepy items to place inside. I even saw one that said "Garden Gnome Heads." Awesome.

I shot my brother an email asking "What would be something original to put in a Halloween specimen jar? You know, like the ones in creepy labs where you might see Siamese twin fetuses and things like that?" He replied "A diaper on one of the babies."

Was thinking a series of Human Souls would be neat. White ghostly faces in torment...and different colored LED light sources in the center of each jar. Frosted glass. And some weird seal on top, like some kind of blessed rune keeping them in.

Just thinking out loud here.

9 comments:

NA said...

Really cool idea.

Anonymous said...

I would totally try that if I were not creatively handicapped.

merricat said...

There's a great short making the rounds (and winning awards) at film festivals lately, about a girl who has the ability to trap souls in bottles. Sadly, the trailer here isn't very good.

http://www.indiegogo.com/Bottles

Of course, its called "Bottles."

Rev. Dr. said...

Very cool idea. In fact, I will be stealing that idea, thankyouverymuch. I think it's one of the few that my fiancee will gladly go along with.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooooooooooo I like that idea!!!!!

: )

LuluQ

Anonymous said...

Trapped souls in a jar....very cool!

Shotgun_Mario said...

what you need to do is fill a mason jar with a gas that is excitable, and then build the cathode small enough that it can easily be hidden behind the lid & some black scrim, and then drill a hole in the bottom of the jar & place the annode down below (drilled into a table/shelf) and epoxy the seam closed. You'd need to very lightly frost the whole jar, not enough so that it appears you're trying to hid something, but just enough so it looks like there's a little fog. Then just hide the components that kick the voltage up to 4000 volts, and you should get a really amazing, spirit-like blue glow eminating from the center of the jar-- not enough to glow towards the outsides (depending on how much phosphorous you put in), but glow from the inside out, with no bulbs or LED's visible. Literally, the air inside the middle of the jar would just glow. (and you could make it get brighter/darker by pumping more or less low-amp voltage through the gas to excite the phosphorous even more)

http://www.sparkbangbuzz.com/crt/crt6.htm

Rot said...

Cool.

Send me pics and I'll post them : )

Aron said...

If you open the lid will we hear someone whisper our names??? ;)