Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's A Squatch

Been watching a new show on Animal Planet... Finding Bigfoot. It's a show I love to hate. The premise is a riot. All evidence is assumed to be of or from a Bigfoot. The cast of investigators is so anxious to find Bigfoot (with the exception of the skeptic on the team) that almost everything is proof of a "Squatch" (they use this word constantly, and I love it). "You saw a Squatch!" or "It's a Squatch!"... phrases like this pepper every episode. (I've also begun to use the word at work - "Is Squatch in the office today?") The main investigator Matt Moneymaker is the heart of the problem, but I'm not sure if I want him to go, since he causes so much tension and stress and awkward moments. The rest of the cast is awesome, particularly Bobo.

I watched MonsterQuest religiously and it's a strange thing to watch a program when you KNOW nothing will ever be discovered or captured. An entire series devoted to the pursuit of nothing. One big letdown after another. So maybe that's why I dig this show so much. The researchers KNOW a Squatch is only a few yards away at all times. They tell us in certain terms how Bigfoots (plural form used often in the program) love this or hate that, how they follow migrating animals, how they love to knock twice on tree stumps, or how they twist off the legs of deer to limit their meal's escape.

I have a feeling it won't be around much longer, so try and catch an episode.


"...sometimes I'll twist the legs off of something, just for fun.
Next question..."

Animal Planet's Finding Bigfoot page.

Ghost Hunting Theories blog reviews on the show.

14 comments:

NoahFentz said...

Very funny...

Sounds like the show squatches any hope of finding one of these creatures....

Mr Black said...

Moneymaker? I guess that gives you an idea of his true motivation. I have mixed feelings about stuff like Sasquatch. I believe anything is possible, but some things are more or in this case less likely than others.

Rot said...

Yep. "Moneymaker"...a curse of a name for someone investigating the paranormal, or selling cars, or a lawyer.

Or anything.

Mr. Chicken said...

I used to watch Monster Quest, too. I remember thinking "if they actually found something, it'd have been in the news long before they got the show edited together and broadcast." Part of the fun I think is in knowing what the "investigators" don't-- that they won't find anything. Besides, if I were Bigfoot, I wouldn't want my network debut on Animal Planet, anyway. ;)

MorbidMariah said...

Wow, this show sounds unintentionally hilarious. :)

Rot said...

It really is hilarious.
We sit there saying "WHAT? DID HE JUST SAY?? WAIT? WHAT?"

They were interviewing a guy who claimed he saw a Squatch and he was asked about the eyes and he said they were close together. They cut to Matt Moneymaker and he's commenting on the description "The comment about the eyes being close together - we know that Bigfoot has eyes which are set very wide apart, so something is very fishy with this guy's story. It flies in the face of what we KNOW about Bigfoot."

Incredible arrogance.
And hilarious.

Countess VonRauber (Heidi) said...

I am very much with you on this one! I get so worked up and excited when watching these shows, fully knowing that in the end, the ellusive BigFoot will remain a mystery.

Anonymous said...

I saw the episode where the guy named Bobo fell off the deck and crashed to the ground when he "thought" he saw bigfoot in his heat sensing camera.....

The first time I was watching this show I thought it was a joke, then he fell off the deck, I haven't laughed that hard in a while.....

Hopsy the beer drinking clown said...

Hmmmmm, guess this isn't the best time to let Squatch write a couple 'Guest Blogger" spots for my blog, I knew something about the guy seemed off...wouldn't let me take his picture either

Sara said...

LOL. This whole post if full of LOL. :) Thanks.

JD said...

Hmmm, haven't watched the show yet, but I might watch it just for the lols. The head guy seemed like a jerk from the advertisement...

Rot said...

He was yelling at his mutinous team who dared to question one of his tactics in one episode..."I'M THE LEEEADER!!!"

The coming attractions make it seem as though they're stranded on the top of a snowy mountain with an assault of Squatches approaching to twist the team's legs off. Monemaker is yelling "ABORT..ABORT!"

I absolutely cannot WAIT.

Sam Kadi said...

I love this show, its a great little escape from reality on my weekends. I really like the enthusiasm of the cast, Bobo is awesome and I like the woman too. I caught the same point, when a woman was describing what she saw and the guys were saying that Bigfoot would not do that, as if there is a set of actual data that is verified that they can compare. Its all good though, I enjoy it. Love the whale wars too.

Rot said...

I've changed my opinion about Matt too...I see him in a new light.

I dig him on the show.