Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Pumpkin Crop

Currently, the champion of the seasonal beers and lagers (spanning the last few years actually) - Jack's Abby Craft Lagers' Pumpkin Crop.  Finally one that isn't too sweet where you have to commit to drinking it alone or after a meal like a dessert.  Pumpkin Crop might just be the pumpkin beverage you've been waiting for... and the name is stellar.

We shared one last night and plan to pick up some more very soon.  It was a VERY nice start to the Pumpkin Ale season.

The simple description from their site doesn't do it justice:

Harvest time calls for this seasonal beer featuring pumpkins grown by local Volante Farms in Needham, MA. Perfect for the fall season, a blend of autumnal spices complements a sweet pumpkin flavor. Pumpkin Crop Lager uses 100% locally sourced ingredients.



4 comments:

Autumnleaf said...

I love the name as well. I don't think I can hope to see this brew in this neck of the woods. I'll just have to enjoy it vicariously through the folks on the east side. Haven't even seen the Elysian variety pack yet.

Haunted Eve said...

Saw it on display at Wegmans the other day and thought "Oh joy, another pumpkin ale." But based on your description, maybe will give it a try. Many a can/bottle of pumpkin ale have gone down the drain over the years after an impulse buy.

Rot said...

Same here! So many.

Ragged Grin said...

Have to look for this one. I picked up a six of Dogfish Head as I usually like that one every year, I'm gonna try Pumking this year as it's said to be improved, undoubtedly grab some SA October fest. All that said, I've backed off a lot of others because they just didn't do it for me.