Friday, January 9, 2009

Halloween Color Wheel


For years, I've used a Christmas Tree Color Wheel to add a creepy effect to the front porch, casting moving shadows rather than four primary colors. I removed the colored plastic wheel and replaced it with a black plastic serving plate with crude sharp designs cut out of it to let some light through. Shadows creep over the cornstalks and scarecrow on the porch. Sometimes giving the impression of movement. You can see the effect pretty clearly behind the Hollow scarecrow on the porch in 2007 and Johnny Appleseed in 2008 in the respective yard haunt videos on my site. It also makes for some interesthing photos since the background is constantly changing.

My color wheel is an ancient piece of junk that no doubt will go up in flames within the next year or two. I think my parents bought it when they got married. It's great to see that they're still manufactured. Click Here.


i

2 comments:

Grim said...

My Grandmother used to have a color wheel just like that one that she would use around Christmas time. I had forgotten all about it until I saw that picture.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

What a great idea. Wait...I have too much invested in over a 100 LEDs (and my marriage) to change now. But you have got me thinking.

Thank you!

Something is brewing in my mind that will likely make my crew moan and run away...but they will do it, they always do :)