Saturday, July 18, 2009

Novena Candles

For the past few years, I've used novena jar candles in my haunt. I bought two a while back, a red one and a green one. I used them next to my tombstones (you can see the green one here in the background next to the cross). Last year I stuck them next to my jack o'lanterns on the porch. The height and width of them were perfect for placement between the pumpkins. The price is even better - novena candles are dirt cheap. And they are designed to burn for a week. After looking around on the internet, it seems they also come in orange and black wax coloring.

Today we found two amber ones in a supermarket. $1.75 each.
A Halloween steal.


Here's a link to a place that sells a bunch of colors - look on the table in the corner. An orange and black Halloween display. Cool.

Orleans Candle Company

7 comments:

Nev said...

You know, Im enjoying your shop entries. Great ideas and I trust your choices.
I also love finding out about shops I never knew. Thought about making a link on the side?
Guess you have the tags...
Anyways these look great, 'specially for the price!

Rot said...

You know, I was actually planning on putting image tags on the side for things like pumpkin, ghosts, artists, witches, but now I realize there'd be no tag that links all of my shop links. Over 2,000 posts and I never used a universal tag for links to buy products... dang it : )

The Captain said...

I was looking locally for Saint Novena candles for my Voodoo themed haunt last year, wish I had had this link then. They have an awesome selection. Great find.

Anonymous said...

Also called Seven Day Sacrifice Candles, I get these for about a buck in our local supermarket. If you're lucky enough to have a market with a Hispanic section, look there or at the dollar store.

Countess VonRauber (Heidi) said...

Perfect timing for this post! I plan on going out to New Orleans this week. I didn't even know this store existed =) I might have to hit them up for some orange and black candles =) Thanks for the post!

crudedoodle.com said...

do these have a scent?

Rot said...

The ones I bought didn't have a scent.