Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Steampunk Haunted House

Heard about this from Johnny. A haunted house in the style of Steampunk:

Utilizing the architecture of the historic Henry Street Settlement Playhouse, the Steampunk Haunted House features a maze of dense and dizzying environments that wind through the beautiful theater, backstage, and down into the cavernous and dungeon-like basement of the turn of the century building. Groups of 6-10 people are incrementally admitted into this labrynthine environment where Zach Morris, along with fellow installation/performance artists Liz Sargent and Barry Weil terrify audiences with clockwork spiders, legions of half-man/half-machine drones, and mechanized monsters and misfits. Thorough eerie parlors, laboratories, boiler rooms, and navigating dark, narrow hallways, corridors, and caverns, the audience is met with startling, stunning terrors around every turn.

Click the image for more information:



Click for a quick refresher in Steampunk.

Thanks, Johnny!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Refresher? Try introduction. I just heard about this movement in the summer when I saw some Steampunks at Disneyland.....I feel so old, lol.

Also, Zach Morris? Just a coincidence?

NecroBones said...

I love steampunk. Not my thing, in terms of what I'd make or set up for myself, but I love seeing what others do with it.

Sara said...

LOL, Oh my gosh. I just clicked on the refresher. HILARIOUS, *and* accurate, ;) Thanks for posting. I am going to promptly e-mail this to everyone I know.

NoahFentz said...

COOL! Its in NYC!!

Mantan Calaveras said...

Steampunk is indeed a fine and beauiful evolution.