Friday, February 18, 2011

Boys! Raise Giant Mushrooms In Your Cellar!

As kids, my brother and I would talk of growing mushrooms in the basement. It just seemed like a cool thing to do. And at the time, I hated mushrooms more than raisins, so it was all about the mystique. What a dark thing to do. Literally.


It seems mushroom growing kits are everywhere online now.

Check it out.

New! Popular button mushrooms add flavor to so many foods. With this easy-to-use kit, you can harvest homegrown, 100% all-natural button mushrooms in just 30 days. Harvest lasts 3-5 weeks. Choose snowy white, or the more richly flavored tan variety. Simply water the pre-inoculated medium inside the container, then place in a cool, dark location.

8 comments:

Sara said...

It just seems sooooo 70's, right?lol

Rot said...

Totally.

And I'm absolutely going to buy a kit.

Marrow said...

Something I've always wanted to do was to make a full paper mache corpse, stick it in the garden and plant mushrooms all over it. The even darker side of me wants to cut a hole in the back of the corpse and fill it with meat, then smear it with blood so the flies and maggots arrive. F-U-N.

Grow the mushrooms, it'd be fun.

Goneferalinidaho said...

http://infinityburialproject.com/burial-suit

Literally a mushroom death suit. I once had a roommate who claimed to have grown the funny kind in college. I wouldn't let him do it at our place.

I really want to try growing some tasty ones though.

Anonymous said...

Mushrooms.....YUCK!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Mushrooms are my favorite! I would try this but it would just end up like everything else in my house....a cat toy :)

Cheers!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Mushrooms are my favorite! I would try this but it would just end up like everything else in my house....a cat toy :)

Cheers!

~Scout~ said...

Living in the Pacific NW - a mushroom kit is a hilarious notion straight out of the Redundancy Department of Redundancy!

However, I think Marrow is on to a cool idea with the mushrooms growing out of props. Definitely has a creep factor! Makes me think of Anthrax-like infections!