Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Cistern

"Didn't you ever think of the cisterns before? They're all through the town, there's one for every street, and you can walk in them without bumping your head, and they go everywhere and finally go down to the sea," said Anna, fascinated with the rain on the asphalt pavement out there and the rain falling from the sky and vanishing down the gratings at each corner of the distant intersection. "Wouldn't you like to live in a cistern?"

Ray Bradbury



Image by Elsie esq.

5 comments:

Sharon Day said...

"Hey kid, they float down here..."

Joel said...

Your post prompted me to look up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay4gOF_SoE0 . I know it made the rounds a year or two ago, but I still find this video nauseatingly cool :)

Rot said...

I never saw that vid before.
I was excited about a new lifeform when some dude commented that it's a mass of tubifex worms.

party pooper

Anonymous said...

Why yes, yes I would like to live there....

Marrow said...

Always had a fascination with sewers.

You should make some sort of a groundbreaker designed to fit on a sewer grill. It'd be green and drippy and nasty as hell.