Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The End Is Nigh

1844 - William Miller predicted Christ would return between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844, then revised his prediction, claiming to have miscalculated Scripture, to October 22, 1844. The realization that the predictions were incorrect resulted in a Great Disappointment.

1914, 1918, 1925, 1942 - Dates set for the end by the Jehovah's Witnesses.

1981 - Pastor Chuck Smith predicted that Jesus would probably return by 1981.

1988 - Publication of "88 Reasons why the Rapture is in 1988," by Edgar C. Whisenant.

1989 - Publication of "The final shout: Rapture report 1989", by Edgar Whisenant. More predictions by this author appeared for 1992, 1995, and other years.

1992 - Korean group "Mission for the Coming Days" predicted October 28, 1992 as the date for the rapture.

1993 - Seven years before the year 2000. The rapture would have to start to allow for seven years of the Tribulation before the Return in 2000. Multiple predictions.

1994 - Pastor John Hinkle of Christ Church in Los Angeles predicted June 9, 1994. Radio evangelist Harold Camping predicted September 6th, 1994.

2011 - Harold Camping's revised prediction has May 21, 2011 as the date of the rapture.

2060 - Sir Isaac Newton proposed, based upon his calculations using figures from the book of Daniel, that the Apocalypse could happen no earlier than 2060.


I want my Rapture to have flaming zombies.

Text source.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always get a kick out of all of the predictions that come out for the end times. No one knows when it is going to happen.

I do agree, I want the flaming zombies, so I can have some fun before I go.......

JD said...

I want flaming zombies too :D

Anonymous said...

I like the flaming Zombies idea a lot!

Mine is that a giant Dyson vacuum cleaner comes down from the sky & sucks everybody up. Ermmm, I mean, the Dyson would ONLY suck the Rapturous RIghteous up, leaving the rest of us poor suckers to enjoy the absence of their company.....

crudedoodle.com said...

Sigh. I was kinda hoping for this one. Guess we'll have to wait for 2012...and then whatever comes after that.

Terrormaster said...

Personally I don't buy into ANY of these end of times predictions. As an atheist I'm obviously not a very religious man. But I know enough about the bible to know that no one will ever be able to predict it. The bible specifically says "no one except the father shall know the date".

But if it had to happen how about both the flaming zombies AND the giant Dyson sucking them all up? It'll look like some bizarre reverse meteor shower. I got my popcorn ready for the show.

However if I were to tighten up my tinfoil hat this weekend looks to be interesting. On Thursday and Friday we got the National Geographic channel airing a two part special on surviving an alien invasion. On Saturday we got the rapture. On Sunday there's a rumor that the internet hack group Anonymous will be running Operation UFO in which they're planning to hoax a bunch of UFO sightings. Then on Monday we get the season (and sadly series) finale of The Event titled "The Arrival". So yeah, I got my popcorn and I'm ready for the alien invasion hehehe.

NoahFentz said...

Yeah...NYC is buzzing man...they stand by subway entrances handing out flyers and have a big trailer parked on Columbus Circle...I heard some one telling them if the world is ending I would rather be with my family and not handing out flyers to already dead people...

flaming zombies...I like...

Anonymous...that sounds like a Terry Gilliam ending:)

Rot said...

Terrormaster...sounds like Project Blue Beam : )

Anonymous said...

For 'Anonymous' and 'TerrorMaster'... How about a giant flaming Dyson that sucks up only righteous zombies??? Everyone happy now? :-P

The Gill-Man said...

"That's great it starts with an earthquake, birds, snakes and aeroplanes! Lenny Bruce is not afraid..."

Damian Michael AKA HalloweeNut said...

Screw those self-righteous asses! That they think that only "God's Best" will be summoned to Heaven is BS, but they're attitude towards the rest of the world is even worse. And people wonder why I hate 'em so much...

And, if I get to pick out an apocalyptic end, I'd go with Nazi Zombies - much more to kill than a regular zombie!

Marrow said...

You know what. I honestly don't remember any flaming zombies in 28 Days Later. It's like that shot in the Dawn of the Dead remake with the zombies runnning down the street.http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/Dawn-of-the-dead-2004-zombies-2.jpg

It was all over the posters and covers, but never in the movie. Maybe it's just some stupid New Zealand edition that excludes it because it shows belly button fluff.

FoolishCop said...

Rot,

I must say that of all the things you've published over the years, your hope for the End of Days to come with flaming zombies may be your greatest contribution yet. ;>

FWIW, Harold Camping says it's only Judgment Day this Saturday. The true end will come on October 21. So if we wake up on Sunday morning and we haven't sprouted angel wings, I'm guessing we weren't part of the Rapture.

I'm not counting on it one way or the other.

Rich

Terrormaster said...

Ya know what... Let them all get sucked up. Less religious zealots to complain about Halloween displays.

Anonymous said...

-Rapture 2011 Is Nigh...Have You Hugged Your "Left Behind" Boxed Set Today?-