Monday, November 14, 2011

Daylight Savings

Never before has a time change's effects been so annoying. I was thinking "Cool! We gain an hour! It'll be like sleeping in! A WHOLE HOUR!"

Nope. It's been over a week and the Universe feels different. Everything's slightly off. Sitting around at night, watching TV, I'm thinking "Must be LATE, I am TIRED...going to head off to bed..." and I see that it's only 6pm.

And it's making the work day drag on and on.

Not sure if I can survive another time change.


Image source.

9 comments:

Heather said...

I hear ya...I wish they didn't even bother with it! It sucks. :(

Pam Morris said...

LOL...well, I'm glad it's not just me--I've been doing the same thing--thinking, "gee, it must be late" and it's only 6:15 pm. still, I'm happier gaining an hour instead of losing one as we do in the spring.

The Creeping Cruds said...

Time change makes zero sense in 2011 - that said, does Rot really hit the hay at 6pm?

Jon said...

AMEN.

This one's killing me for some reason. No energy at all.

Jason-v said...

Rot, I agree 100%!!

MorbidMariah said...

Yeah, I don't get it at all. I think we Arizonans are the last state to refuse to do the stupid time change thing.

In Irons said...

I second that... and I work until 10 at night... Ugh why don't they just leave it alone.... Dragging at both ends if the candle

Rot said...

Yeah, I should have added that upon seeing that it's so early, I cancel my plans to retire for the evening : )

Scary Jerry said...

According to the "experts" it takes about 7 days for our bodies to adjust to the time change. Whatever. It's been 8 and I still can't tell if I'm coming or going, and it's pitch black at 5pm. WHY do we do this time change thing? Seriously.