Thursday, September 7, 2017

Halloween Fruit

I've seen this photo a lot over the years searching for blog material...and every time I see it I imagine the reaction kids must have as their eyes fall upon it... the bananas already starting to turn brown around the eyes and mouths...the oranges drying out on the surface, with their celery stalk stems' earthy flavor clashing with the sweetness of the oranges.


There are three possibilities as to who initially invented these:
1. Someone who doesn't understand children.
2. Someone who hates children.
3. A Nun.

As a kid, I probably would have belly-flopped on the table without thinking.

10 comments:

Willow Cove said...

Worst Halloween party spread ever...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!

Had to be a nun.

K.O. said...

That's so offensive!!! That person also might hate Halloween itself. >:-(
I think I'd just totally flip that table over in a fit of RAGE. (Not only if I were a kid, but also if I saw it now!!!)

Willow Cove said...

Flip it like Jesus in the temple!

Rot said...

haha...right on

broevil said...

I was tasked with making the bananas for my son's school party.... Never again.

Rot said...

haha..how many were eaten?

girl6 said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
always love a Jesus in the temple comparison.

Unknown said...

Ha! the poor kids who's mom gets to force this on them

broevil said...

It was kindergarten, they actually ate quite a few... My son had the decency to only eat the sugary snacks.
I got to take home the left over, as they slowly did the banana melt...yay. 🤢