Friday, September 15, 2017

Jamie Lee Curtis Returns As Laurie Strode

Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.

Master of horror John Carpenter will executive produce and serve as creative consultant on this film, joining forces with cinema’s current leading producer of horror, Jason Blum (Get Out, Split, The Purge, Paranormal Activity). Inspired by Carpenter’s classic, filmmakers David Gordon Green and Danny McBride crafted a story that carves a new path from the events in the landmark 1978 film, and Green also directs.

HALLOWEEN will be produced by Malek Akkad, whose Trancas International Films has produced the HALLOWEEN series since its inception. Green and McBride will executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner.

HALLOWEEN will be distributed worldwide by Universal Pictures.

I'm not as thrilled as I'd think I'd be by this news, but here's hoping it's a truly scary horror film.  I guess they're erasing the other films in the series.  And I'm thinking I'm ok with that (though HALLOWEEN IV is a terrific sequel).

Click below for the source:

Thanks, Sara!

8 comments:

Sara said...

I'm simultaneously getting chills and a stomach ache. Maybe I'm sick, lol. I, too, am hoping for the best! It's huge news no matter what to have so much support behind the film. And if NOTHING else, there's no Busta!

Anonymous said...

Hell, I thought H2O was the last one.....

Amy said...

If Carpenter wasn't involved, and wasn't rumored to being scoring the film, I would agree, but this is it! Last chance to make it right. It's all or nothing, and that shot was taken on the front porch of the original Doyle house. Let yourself dream!

Rot said...

But Busta is making a cameo!

dreadful. just dreadful

shahbaz said...

Thats is beyond my expectations really love it, Cheers Spirit Halloween

Pumpkin5 said...

Halloween the original is one of my all time, favorite scary movies. I can't go the year without watching it once or twice (or twelve times). I was not, however, a fan of the remake. The thing about Michael that is so disturbing is that this sweet little boy, with a normal family, turns into this monster at such a young age. That is what really messed with my mind. If a normal kid from a normal suburban family could suddenly go rogue like that.....well...shudder...it could happen to anyone. The second version, where he was abused as a child....well there's your explanation for what happened to Michael. I like it when you are left wondering. (but that may just be me)

The Gill-Man said...

If nothing else, it will have an amazing score! While I'm glad JLC is returning...Carpenter composing the music is what I'm most excited about

Rot said...

Agreed.
That part of this project BETTER HAPPEN