Friday, March 5, 2010

What's Your Inner Zombie Like?

I was watching an interview with Romero a while back and he was discussing Day of the Dead. He mentioned how each of us has our own individual inner zombie. The zombie actors in his earlier films, and I'm assuming he meant the extras, didn't get much coaching by way of the style of their walk or the tilt of their heads or the movement of their arms. He said that they just sort of found their inner zombie by instinct.

i
Hung out with my brother last night and we talked about our inner zombies. When I dropped him off, he walked up his walk as a zombie. A slow moving, almost dazed, zombie. Like a survivor of some horrible accident who wandered away from the wreck in shock. He yelled back "I'm the same way when I'm drunk."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy is the reason I fell in love with zombie movies. Just can't get enough of them.
I saw a you tube interview with one of the extras and he said that if you were asked to be a zombie in one of his films you just don't turn him down.


Wish I could get that lucky....

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

...hum....my inner zombie, not too sure how it walks, but it probably prefers frog brains. :)

Great guy, thanks for that post.

Cheers!

Pam Morris said...

yeah, dude, you go!....

~Scout~ said...

I think my inner Zombie would be a half-runner/half-hopper/extreme jazz-hands type of a zombie.

I think I would still want iced coffee too - not just brains.

Rot said...

I'd never be able to shoot a zombie doing jazz hands as he/she ran for my iced coffee.

Stephanie D said...

Interesting mind path, there....