Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pennsylvania Monsters

Work's been hectic these last few weeks, so when I heard about a book fair occurring in our building's cafeteria, I figured I'd go check it out for a change of scenery and a break. Unlike other years, there was an entire rack of paranormal books. The one below caught my eye and due to the cheesy cover featuring Sasquatch, I bought it.


I made sure to show it off in my department and the ridicule started immediately (which I was expecting). "You don't really READ this stuff?!" and "You didn't actually pay MONEY for that, did you?!"

And from the girl on whose banana I carved the mark of the beast (read about it here) came an excited question: "Ooooh! Is your mom in there?"

6 comments:

Pam Morris said...

rofl! banana humor? that was great! wish I could have seen the facial expression. so, will you be giving a critic's summary on this book? you've piqued my curiosity now...

Rot said...

Will do.
So far it's kinda like listening to someone tell some spooky ghost stories.

Anonymous said...

Pennsyvania is a spooky state....

Joel said...

Love books like this one. Incidentally, I own one of those "cheesy" sasquatch statues like the one on the cover (my girlfriend ordered him from Toscano a few Christmases ago) and can assure you that he epitomizes class and refinement when it comes to tasteful home decor. He stands about 3 and a half feet tall, and makes for a great conversation piece (especially when we dress him for Halloween.)

Marrow said...

Ugh. I was hoping that breed of jokes died out after high school.

So very dissappointing.

Grim said...

Every time I see the picture of that Sasquatch, I think of Chewbacca. All it needs is that bandolier thing slung over his shoulder.