Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mr. Jones Release Date

At shocktillyoudrop.com:
Anchor Bay announced today that it has set a May 6th release date for Mr. Jones, a film that debuted at the Tribeca Film Festival early last year.

The film will have an exclusive theatrical run in Los Angeles on May 2nd.
Scott (Jon Foster) and Penny (Sarah Jones) just moved to a remote cabin to escape the pressures of the world and breathe new life into their art. But they’ll soon discover they are not alone: an infamously reclusive artist – known only as ‘Mr. Jones’ – lives nearby.
He doesn’t like to be disturbed, and only comes out at night when he drags his strange, sinister sculptures deep into the woods.  When Scott and Penny’s curiosity leads them too close for Mr. Jones’ comfort, he plunges the young couple into a nightmare world of mayhem, madness and mind-bending terror.
Diane Neal, Mark Steger and David Clennon co-star in this startling tale from debut director Karl Mueller (screenwriter of Xavier Gens’ The Divide).

Sinister Sculptures by Pumpkinrot

I added that last line.

Was really hoping for a theatrical run in some major cities on the east coast, but this is still insanely exciting and cool and surreal.  Hopefully a trailer is released soon. 

I've been told it'll have a strong VOD and dvd release, so I'm hoping to see it in Redbox as well.  I'll pose for a photo next to it.  With the whole thumbs-up thing going on.


11 comments:

ShellHawk said...

Tease. We all know you'll never let us see a photo of you! ;)

Rot said...

Peter Dinklage.

Mark Faucett said...

Can only imagine how exciting this is. Really hope it makes DVD. I can send it to you and get it autographed, right?!

Sara said...

Don't worry, Rot. We'll party it up for you on the West Coast.

I know, I know, I'm not exactly the ideal person to have partying up your release celebration but oh well. ;)

I will have to see where it's playing.... Congrats again. :) Here's to more movie shtuff in your future, friend.

Rot said...

Free autographs available : )

Anonymous said...

So cool. Hope to see it for purchase also. And a signed photograph should be included in a once in a lifetime "Special Edition" copy. :D

HA. I agree with ShellHawk.

Jon Glassett said...

Man, I am so excited about this! Full-on little fanboy mode. I can't wait to see this hit the theaters.

Amy said...

So pumped for this! Forwarded it to a friend in LA that has a small horror move review site.

SPOOKSHOWS.COM said...

We're in LA, we've already decided that we're going.

Autumnleaf said...

Wow....just Wow. I can't wait! and it's going to be in my neck of the woods. Woohoo!

girl6 said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!
Always Always room (there's Already an empty slot waiting) on my shelf for an Awesome NEW DVD or Blu-Ray.

& Spring is such the Perfect time of year to catch new films. :)