Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Speaking Of Phantasm

This was one of those movies my evil sister and her friends talked about a lot when I was young.  They treated it as something that wasn't just a horror movie.  Almost like it was too scary and too weird to be just a horror film.  So it became something bigger and creepier.  I remember watching it with her and some [poor] old boyfriend of hers.  And it really was too weird and too creepy to be just another horror film.

The scene below is a perfect example (I have it set to go at 1:51):

http://youtu.be/rzxPIW5RrsY?t=1m51s

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm embarrassed to say I have never seen any of the Phantasm movies. Looks decent though. I'll have to look them up.

Rot said...

The first is well worth the watch. Loaded with the weirdest concepts ever.

girl6 said...

ohhhh man, sucha a Cool, Freaky little film..& then there's Reggie too!!!..hahaha.. <3333

the commentary is Awesome too, remember when the director talks about, how the marble in the mausoleum (as seen in the pic you used) was made outta styrofoam.
that really made an impression on me, so Awesome!!
yeah, the commentary is Great

SharonF said...

This is still the only film I cannot watch again. I'm tempted but it was so out there that it really shook me.

Willow Cove said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about the gooey yellow blood...

glamoursmith@gmail.com said...

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. First time I saw it was at a drive in. Scared the pee outta me.

Rot said...

: D
It's such a unique movie.
Horror...scifi...more horror ...

and truly scary.