Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Decoration Idea

Before I drifted off to sleep last night, I thought of something that would make a pretty neat and classy Christmas decoration - The Ghost of Christmas Future pointing to Ebeneezer's overgrown tombstone. I'd use a variation of my Cloaked Ghost with darker coloring and perhaps some glistening strips of fabric. I did a few searches and couldn't find any versions of this concept as a Christmas display.

It'd be mighty cool when it snowed.


Image source.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I would love to see this in 11 months. Very cool idea. Perhaps you could even dig a big rectangular hole and have a dark red light from inside. :) I mean, it is just dirt, right? It can 'grow' back...

Rot said...

I'll have to come up with a nice twist on the Ghost.

I'll give him a lantern to hold with a real candle inside. Maybe red-tinted glass.

How great to dig a grave. : )

JHMDF said...

When I was driving to work a few days ago I had a similar idea!! It was to have all the ghosts of Christmas In a haunt....but on christmass. Really like your idea!

Anonymous said...

i would love to see that done.( would make a nice photo on my to hang on my wall for a christmass decoration!)

Ruthie said...

You could go one step further and have some gnarled hands/arms on motors reaching up from the grave like it's Ebenezer trying to climb back out. Depending on how close you let folks get to the grave itself, of course would be the telltale of what body parts would show.

What a terribly gruesome and fun idea!