Thursday, September 16, 2010

Four Days

Currently sitting at the start of a 4-day weekend. Going to be busy making props for the shop and getting some things in order for Halloween.

Going to be making some groundbreakers. Probably the final batch before Halloween. I've gotten a lot of emails asking if I'd be making any more creatures so I'm hoping to get these out there in about two weeks. I'll announce on the blog when they'll be going up on the etsy shop.

Going to try some different styles too. The latest will be from a small ugly plot of land. A graveyard that no one visits, except to bury the dead. The Leper Graveyard.



Blog updates will probably be spotty.

9 comments:

crudedoodle.com said...

looks like one of Blake's Men

Rot said...

That's actually how I have been referring to them.

: )

Hopsy the beer drinking clown said...

Nice, looking good, I really like the eyes...crank up the fog machines!

Ghoul Friday said...

Cool thing about this fellow is that he actually seems to be considering/contemplating the person he's looking at.

It reminds the viewer that he was human. And that makes him creepier. And more real.

Rot said...

Thanks : )

Anonymous said...

looking amazing rot! so much rotten detail! how do yuo paint your groundbreakers!? yours have so many litle crevices and bits of drippy fabric. how do you get the black paint into there?!

Rot said...

Flat black spray paint. Two coats usually gets every little crack. Even with all that cheesecloth and fabric. While spraying, hold the corpse upright and then flip him over and hold him upside down and spray him again. I'm always amazed at how many unpainted spots remain if I only spray him from one direction.

Anonymous said...

I like how the eyes have the "glazed" over look...

The Undertaker: said...

The grass in leper graveyard could be dead too...or dying. I wonder what would happen if you got some of the moss or slime from leper graveyard on you.