Friday, September 17, 2010

The Grinning Man

We've seen all kinds of strange things...blue lights, green ones, red ones, things that change color. Some have been so low that we thought we could see diamond-shaped windows in them. And none of them make any noise at all." Automobiles near the Lilly home stalled unexplainably; doors and kitchen cabinets inside the home slammed in the middle of the night while everyone was asleep. The living room door, which was chained and snap-locked at night, was standing wide open the next morning, as if someone had somehow opened it from the outside. They heard loud metallic sounds "like a pan falling," and Mrs. Lilly said she heard a sound like "a baby crying" throughout the home. It seemed to originate only a few feet away from her in the house, but no infants were present and she never saw anything. John A. Keel, who personally investigated and questioned the Lilly family, asked them "Did you ever dream that there was a stranger in the house in the middle of the night?" Linda Lilly, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Lilly then confessed her story. She described how she woke up one night and saw a very large figure towering over her bed. "It was a man, a big man. Very broad. I couldn't see his face very well, but I could see that he was grinning at me." Mrs. Lilly said that she heard a terrible scream that night, and Linda ran into her room screaming "There is a man in my room! There is!"

Some information.

4 comments:

Aron said...

The worst job I ever had was machine repair in a sock factory in Chattanooga, TN. On my lunch break I could escape for a half hour and read, the rest of the night I'd listen to Art Bell (who incidentally did a fantastic interview with John Keel). My last day I was so happy to leave I left my copy of Mothman Prophecies in my locker with my tools. I never looked back, but I wish I would have grabbed my book. Great stuff!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So much for sleeping tonight....

THANKS!

Necropolis said...

Scariest version of this is "The Gentlemen" in the Buffy series. Search for "buffy the gentlemen" on youtube.

Rot said...

I had never heard of the Grinning Man before. Extremely scary concept. Absolutely in love with it.