Thursday, September 16, 2010

Target Finds

We hit up a Target today and picked up some fun items. At first glance, the decorations seemed kind of a let down. But as we wandered through the aisles, there was an old school charm to a lot of the simpler and less expensive decorations.

Like this great paper garland. It reminded me of decorations that would go up in classrooms when I was in grade school.


Some fun LED strands of lights - orange, green, and purple.


And this Halloween Thing currently hanging in our kitchen (basement door in the background). It reminded me of the shiny strange green and red Christmas decorations my grandmother would hang during the season (so don't make fun of it).


And, of course, orange and licorice flavored pumpkins.

8 comments:

The Captain said...

I bought and hung that same garland from Target last night. Most of the jacko stuff had that old school feel to it. I thought buying a strand of those lights, I had never seen that color combo before.

My Kmart was putting the Halloween stuff out yesterday too!

Anonymous said...

you have so many awesome decorations in your house! maybe a few pictures of the inside of your house on the blog would be cool!

Sara said...

I agree with Marrow. I want a tour of the house. Except...you guys seem so *private*! What is *UP* with that? ;)

I'm glad you liked the Target decorations. I really think this year is one of their strongest (only because I am a die hard Traditonalist) and I absolutely think their version of "retro Halloween" was done well. Plus, the prices are awesome. I wanted everything I saw down the paper goods aisle(the signs, the plates and napkins...).

Rot said...

We private folk.

: )

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the witch and cauldron beside your basement door....

John Rozum said...

I really dig the garland. The other picks I'd seen of Target's fare for this year made me feel no rush to get out there (my nearest Target is now about 35 minutes away) to check it out. Now I'll have to go just to get one of those.

Anonymous said...

Went to the Target today here in Illinois after reading your blog, and guess what?...clean out of pumpkin poptarts! They had the nasty chocolate ones as usual. I'll keep an eye out though

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that your wall is painted a pumpkin color! It looks very "Pottery Barn" with the white door & trim!