Monday, September 20, 2010

Headless Ghosts

An image that's all about being in grade school and reading seasonal books in the days leading up to Halloween. As crappy as school was, it really was a constant reminder of how Halloween was looming. Images of acorns, leaves, and pumpkins in each classroom. Lights turned out and ghost stories read in a room full of giddy children, about to burst with thoughts of trick-or-treating on the best night of the year.

I think I'm rooting for the Hessian.

Found this wonderful image on the Spooky Laboratory blog, along with the rest of Chapter 9 from A Holiday Book: Halloween.

Thanks for posting it, Steve.

Click here to read it. It's pretty awesome.

6 comments:

Steve Ring said...

Argh! I'm unworthy! Heheh...

Yep, that's a true childhood treasure. :.)

Erin | Bygone Living said...

I couldn't agree with you more; my happiest memories in elementary school invariably revolved around Halloween.

Anonymous said...

It always sucked that it was so early because once Halloween was over, there was still a L O N G school year ahead with nothing to look forward to anymore.

Jon said...

No problem, man. Enjoy. They're vanishing fromthe shelves up here.

Jon said...

Whoops. That last comment was meant for the Pop Tarts post. Not sure how that happened.

Steve Ring said...

BTW, last I checked this book can be found used on Amazon pretty cheap, though doubtless in varying stages of decay. I thought of buying one to cut up so I could get proper scans.