Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Secret

My grandfather was the first one to arrive at the second crash site. He said he saw their bodies. Called them 'little people.' He knelt next to the smallest one, only three feet long, and scooped it up and wrapped it in a blanket or a towel. He placed it in the jeep. The driver just stared at the crash debris. And the bodies.

He said he kept it in his footlocker, wrapped up. Never looked at it again.

After he died. My grandmother told me the story. Said that he wanted her to tell me after he passed. I asked if they still had the trunk. She said "Oh yes. It's in the cellar."

And she handed me the key.

5 comments:

Mr Black said...

Creepy! I like it. :)

NA said...

Open it!

Anonymous said...

should have a hole chewed in the corner. It's out!

Rot said...

I like making up ghost stories : )

Unknown said...

love it