Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Middle School Halloween

I wanted to make a blog post out of a neat blog comment that was left tonight. 

A comment from someone in the Halloween community who is keeping the torch burning and helping to create nostalgia in the classroom.
The old post is here and it featured the below photo.



VenomStorm commented:

You will be happy to know that I have the smaller version of that skeleton and that exact witch hanging in my 6th grade classroom on the 1st of October. That witch is part of a nice package that Beistle sells. I love using the retro decorations combined with modern LEDs in my classroom. The kids get a kick out of them. Certainly helps with building up the hype to Halloween. I want to start playing the Silver Shamrock countdown this year. As much as I need to be home setting up the house, there is something really fun and magical about being in a middle school on Halloween. Even these modern kids who grew up too fast because of the internet can still experience the wonder and excitement of that day and night, at least in my corner of the world.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Celebrating Halloween in school was so formative for me...the short stories, the decorations, costume contests, the music...cheers to the teachers that keep it going!

Rot said...

Yeah I totally agree. It really helped me get on the right path having Halloween celebrated in my grade school