Monday, June 23, 2008

Annabelle

During my childhood, I had a great friend who was WAY ahead of his time. Not only in his demeanor and disposition, but in his access to all things cool and wonderful. He was the first to have cable television, the first to own a VCR. He owned books on the paranormal. His parents let him watch horror movies and stay up way late. Most importantly, he loved Halloween. He was the same age as me, so these things made him something of a Legend in my eyes.

He owned a creepy book on ghosts and hauntings. One photograph in the book was particularly scary, and one I'd always tell myself I wouldn't look at, but always found myself flipping to find it.

Here it is.

"The disturbance began in the home when the girls discovered a piece of chocolate candy mysteriously left on the stereo in the living room."

More info here.

3 comments:

bean said...

you finally found it! i know you've been trying to find that again for awhile. congrats :)

Rot said...

yeah, i know it seems silly now, but that doll was scary as sh!t back in the day.

Anonymous said...

I'm so so glad I stumbled upon your blog. For years, I've been trying to explain this doll to people only to be met with utter disbelief. I remember watching a TV show with this doll on it and having the shit scared out of me (I think I was maybe 6 at the time.) Anway, to this day Raggedy Anne dolls still scare the shit out of me. I just wanted to thank you for finally giving me something I can show people!