Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rendlesham Forest

Department of the Air Force
Headquarter 81st Combat Support Group (USAFE)
13 Jan 81

Reply to Attn of: CD

Subject: Unexplained Lights


1. Early in the morning of 27 Dec 80 (approximately 0300L), two USAF security police patrolmen saw unusual lights outside the back gate at RAF Woodbridge. Thinking an aircraft might have crashed or been forced down, they called for permission to go outside the gate to investigate. The on-duty flight chief responded and allowed three patrolmen to proceed on foot. The individuals reported seeing a strange glowing object in the forest. The Object was described as being metalic (sic) in appearance and triangular in shape, approximately two and three meters across the base and approximately two meters high. It illuminated the entire forest with a white light. The object itself had a pulsing red light on top and a bank(s) of blue lights underneath. the object was hovering or on legs. As the patrolmen approached the object, it manoeuvred though the trees and disappeared. At this time the animals on a nearby farm went into a frenzy. The object was briefly sighted approximately an hour later near the back gate.

2. The next day, three depressions 1 1/2" deep and 7" in diameter were found where the object had been sighted on the ground. The following night (29 Dec 80) the area was checked for radiation. Beta/gamma readings of 0.1 milliroentgens were recorded with peak readings in the three depressions and near the center of the triangle formed by the depressions. A nearby tree had moderate (.05 - .07) readings on the side of the tree toward the depressions.

3. Later in the night a red sun-like light was seen though the trees. It moved about and pulsed. At one point it appeared to throw off glowing particles and then broke into five separate white objects and then disappeared. Immediately thereafter, three star-like objects were noticed in the sky, two objects to the north and one to the south, all of which were about 10 degrees off the horizon. The objects moved rapidly in sharp angular movements and displayed red, green and blue lights. The objects to the north appeared to be elliptical through an 8-12 power lens. They then turned to full circles. The objects to the north remained in the sky for an hour or more. The object to the south was visible for two or three hours and beamed down a stream of light from time to time. Numerous individuals, including the undersigned, witnessed the activities in paragraphs 2 and 3.

Charles I. Halt
Lt. Col. USAF
Deputy Base Commander



Sara said...

what's your take? Do you believe in UFO's? Like aliens , etc? I used to when I was like 13.....Remember The Travis Walton story? That movie scared me to death when I was younger!!!

Rot said...

I love watching shows about it, and Fire In The Sky scared the crap out of me as well.

I have an open mind about it...

zoltan said...

I'm late in commenting on this but I live in the depths of rural Suffolk about 10 miles from Rendlesham Forest.

It's actually quite creepy down there after dark I can well imagine something strange happening. Suffolk has some very strange locations and stories.

Rot said...

Thanks for sharing that.
Pretty neat to live so close.

After hearing that story so many years ago on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries, I'd be pretty creeped out visiting that place at night.