Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Halloween Nation

Upcoming book by Lesley Bannatyne. Looking very forward to owning it. Awesome to see Haunted Overload on the cover.

America's leading authority on Halloween presents interviews with spooky rock groups, amateur vampires, haunted house creators, champion pumpkin carvers, and more, all in the quest of explaining the nation's unique love affair with this holiday. The collection of essays and interviews explores the pop culture phenomenon that is Halloween, and why we celebrate it the way we do today.

Click below for more information.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gimme!

Goneferalinidaho said...

You had better be in this book Rot.

Rot said...

Nah...not in it. : )

Lesley said...

Next time, Rot. Wish I could have put lots more in, believe me. Thanks for posting!

The Gill-Man said...

I definitely have to get my hands on this one! Looks fantastic, all the way around. Looks like Ms. Bannatyne has written several cool books about our favorite holiday, so I may have to splurge and buy one or two of the others as well.

RebelShade said...

Question is, when are you going to write YOUR book ????

Rot said...

: D

Slow going...but it's going.

Marrow said...

Looks cool... Spooky Bands? Hopefully it's like Dead Man's Bones or Halloween at High Noon not some death metal.

By the way, I would REALLY LOVE to hear about how YOUR book is going. It's already my favourite book of all time. Please, just tell us about it. What kinds of things will be in it, what it will look like, some of the features? When you think it will be released? Will I get it off your Etsy or in bookstores? Is it a proper book or a zine? (I love zines). And most of all, WILL THERE BE TUTORIALS? And what of????

Thank you very muchly.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Looking forward to this one!! Love her work. Lovely lady.

Cheers!

JHMDF said...

I shall keep and eye out for it. Sounds really cool.

K.O. said...

Awesome! I love Lesley. I've been in touch with her via e-mail, and she is such a nice, gracious person (in addition to being an amazing writer). Can't wait to read the new book!