Saturday, December 10, 2022

Cosmic Horror: Glorious

Imagine finding out conclusively that there's a God.  Or gods.  Or Lovecraftian Ancients.  Then imagine one of those guys singles you out specifically.  And needs something from you.  YOU.  You are now not only in on the Great Secret of the Universe, but you're a significant and universally-vital part of it.


Then imagine you're stuck in a disgusting rest stop restroom as you discover your grandiose mission.  Oh, and imagine this primeval entity is speaking to you through a glory hole.

I loved this film.  It'd make a wonderful stage play.  I am always amazed when a movie with practically only one set can pull you in and keep your attention and develop characters so thoroughly that you forget 90% of the film is shot in one location.  And when that one location is a dirty restroom it's even more impressive.  

Click below for the trailer...










4 comments:

MR. Macabre said...

I wasn't sure about this movie, it looks very different. But if it's Lovecraftian in any way, I might have to check it out.

Rot said...

And I'd have to say that it's not all light and jokey as the trailer might lead you to believe.

Revenant Manor said...

Many months later, I finally got around to this movie and I just had to come back and make a comment for any future readers.

If said Future Reader reading this is even remotely intrigued by the concept and the overview here, please give it a try...it's 100% as compelling as it is bizarre.

Also, because it was just such an insane moment, I would like to state for the record that when I was done watching 'Glorious', Amazon recommended that I watch 'Fletch Lives'

I think the cosmic horror may have broken their algorithm.

Rot said...

Thanks so much for following up!!