The brief window when everything is set and ready, but nothing is really yet underway.
Night is falling, and soon the crisp fall air will be filled with shrieks and laughter, but for a short while the only sound is dry leaves rustling on the ground, and it's possible to FEEL Halloween arriving.
The anticipation in that small space is everything.
Maybe it's just me, but kids trick or treating while it's still light out is blasphemy, that's why I wish we'd go back to standard time sooner like we used to do. Halloween needs darkness.
I remember one year when I went to a Halloween party after school and then trick or treated all the way home when it was light out. It sure took a lot of people by surprise.
5 comments:
Halloween in the gloaming.
The brief window when everything is set and ready, but nothing is really yet underway.
Night is falling, and soon the crisp fall air will be filled with shrieks and laughter, but for a short while the only sound is dry leaves rustling on the ground, and it's possible to FEEL Halloween arriving.
The anticipation in that small space is everything.
Maybe it's just me, but kids trick or treating while it's still light out is blasphemy, that's why I wish we'd go back to standard time sooner like we used to do. Halloween needs darkness.
Totally agree!
Same here! Darkness is our friend. With few exceptions, there's just nothing creepy about a graveyard in a sunny afternoon.
I remember one year when I went to a Halloween party after school and then trick or treated all the way home when it was light out. It sure took a lot of people by surprise.
Post a Comment